"The secret of health for both mind and body, is not to mourn the past, not to worry about the future, nor to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly." - Buddha
“See how nature—trees, flowers, grass—grows in silence; see the stars the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls.” - Mother Teresa
A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised
a glass of water and asked,
"How heavy is this glass of water? "
The answers ranged from 20g to 500g.
The lecturer replied,
"The actual weight doesn't matter.
It depends on how long you try to hold it up.
"If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour,
I'll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day,
you'll have to call an ambulance.
"In each case, it's the same weight,
but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. "
"And that's the way it is with STRESS.
If we carry our burdens all the time,
sooner or later,
as the burden becomes increasingly heavy,
we won't be able to carry on. "
"As with the glass of water,
you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.
When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden. "
"So, before you return home tonight,
put the burden of work down.
Don't carry it home.
You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you're carrying now,
let them down for a moment if you can. "
"Relax; pick them up later after you've rested.
Life is short.
And then he shared some ways of dealing with the burdens of life:
* Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
*Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth the cost.
* Always keep in mind, it may be that your purpose in life simply to be an 'example' .
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
* A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Spending quality time with your pets can be therapeutic and relaxing.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched
they must be felt with the heart.
"If the only moment I will ever have.
Is in the cup of this moment,
What will I choose it to hold?
- S.D. © 2015
If I find,
In pure happiness,
I will stretch it,
An entire lifetime.
- S.D. © 2015